Being a wardrobe stylist I pack for my clients’ vacations quite often and it is one of my favorite things to do. Packing for myself is just as fun, but once I’m done creating looks for my trip there are a handful of items I have to pack in order to stay on track with my diet and workout regimen. Here are some of my must pack items for my upcoming trip to Palm Springs.
- Athletic shoes – my husband and I have planned a couple of hikes while we’re in the desert just to make sure a couple of our workouts involve being outside and enjoying the beautiful landscape that is Palm Springs. Besides packing outdoor running shoes I always pack an extra change of clothes to sweat in because two workouts are always better than one.
- Pearl Izumi spin shoes – I love taking group fitness classes and enjoy trying new studios while on vacation. I am spinning a couple of times in Palm Springs at Pedal Spin Studio as well as SoulCycle while we’re in LA so it made sense to pack my own spin shoes. They are so comfortable and really affordable.
- Camelbak water bottle – I rely on this portable water bottle to keep me hydrated throughout my entire workout and not only will I be bringing this with me for our hikes and spin classes but it will be next to me poolside in between the occasional cocktail (or two).
- DIY trail mix – having healthy snacks for the plane as well as our hike is going to be key to staying on track when it comes to my diet. My husband and I like different ingredients so we each made our own for this trip. Both Mariano’s and Whole Foods have great bulk bin options to create these on the go healthy snack packs. My mix has wasabi peas, roasted unsalted cashews, toasted almonds, pepitas, and a handful of sesame sticks. My husband’s mix included chocolate chips, cashews, dates, and banana chips. I have a feeling we may end up sharing.
- Mark Bars – these are a favorite pre-workout snack of mine and I have been known to hoard them because they are so tasty. My favorite flavors are Peanut Butter Chocolate and Chocolate Cherry Almond.
I’m really looking forward to a fun vacation and making sure I have these must pack items in my carry-on will ensure that I have a great time and at the same time stay focused on being healthy while I’m in California. What are some of your healthy travel tips?
I’d love to hear from you!